Monday, August 6, 2012


Dear wonderful family and friends,
 
Hello! I hope you are having a fantastic day!
 
It has been another very fast week for me. And another wonderful one! 
 
I love doing Heavenly Father's work. I know that He truly loves all of us, His children, because I see miracles every day as He blesses us and the people around us. So many times, we know exactly where to go and what to say not because it was part of our plans or somebody called us to come over but because the Spirit whispers to our minds what we need to do or say. This happened just yesterday when we had just finished teaching one family and we had some time before we were supposed to be at our next appointment. As we were driving away, I remembered a woman that we had visited just once with. She hadn't been home when we came for our next appointment, and, to be honest, we just hadn't thought about her during our planning for the weekend. But as soon as I said her name, my companions both agreed that yes, we needed to go visit her. She was home, and we taught her a lesson about the steps of the gospel and talked with her about what she needs to do to get back on the path that leads to eternal life. She told us that she was so grateful that we had come by, that she had needed us right then.
 
I am so grateful for the gift of the Holy Ghost. It is so wonderful to have a member of the Godhead with me at every moment to guide me, comfort me, remind me of things I've learned, help me feel God's love and peace, and testify of truth to me. I'm glad that this isn't a gift that I can have just while I'm a missionary but is instead a gift that I was able to receive after baptism and enjoy throughout my entire life. What a blessing! I'm so grateful for the constant companionship of the Spirit that has blessed and protected me so many times. This friend and guide is helping me to learn more and become better each and every day. I know that as we work to receive and listen to the Holy Ghost, every aspect of our lives is blessed.
 
Thank you so very much for your encouragement, prayers, and support! Have an awesome week!!
 
Sincerely,
Hermana Alicia Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment