Monday, May 13, 2013

0 (4608×3456)

Dear Wonderful Friends and Family,

Time is flying! I hope each of you is enjoying each and every day and finding many opportunities for growth and for service to those around you. Many of my happiest moments this week and really throughout my mission have been when I've had the opportunity to help someone around me. I can think of countless moments like this that Heavenly Father has blessed me with, and I know that He blesses us all with such opportunities when we seek them. What a great miracle, to be able to make a difference in the life of another person, through a smile, a word, a testimony shared, or a helping hand. 

This Saturday, Hermana H and I went "service tracting," which means we put on jeans and yellow Helping Hands T-shirts from the church and went out on our bikes looking for people that we could serve. We didn't even make it to the area of town where we'd planned to go because on the way, we found a family that was laying sod in their backyard and helped them (it turned out looking awesome!), and we found a man who had an injured foot and was trying to set up a pitching machine for his son. They were all very grateful, and their hearts were definitely softened when we showed up offering to help them with their obvious needs. 

On Sunday, Sonny got baptized!! It was an incredible moment. Especially in the moment right after she was baptized, as she came out of the baptismal font, I felt so much joy with her. In teaching and helping her, my understanding of this scripture in the Doctrine and Covenants has increased so much:

"And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one asoul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father!"

I am so grateful for the opportunity I have to know Sonny and to be a part of her life forever. 

This week we also got some exciting news about the upcoming transfer, which starts this Wednesday. Hermana H and I will remain together, AND we will be receiving another companion. Another brand-new sister straight from the Missionary Training Center. So we three will be learning a lot together as we continue with Hermana H's training and begin from the beginning with the new Hermana.

Also, I have received an assignment to be a sister training leader. Meaning, I'll be attending additional leadership meetings and working with sisters from other companionships to teach and train them.My stewardship as a missionary will thus be increasing quite a bit this transfer--I don't know yet how many other sisters I will be responsible for but I will be finding out more details of my new responsibilities at a meeting this Wednesday. Please keep me in your prayers. I know that greater responsibilities will bring greater challenges but also greater learning and greater blessings, so I am very grateful for all that lies ahead. 

Thank you for the ways that you as my friends, leaders, and family members have helped and supported me before and during my mission. Thank you for your love and your prayers.

Much love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment