Monday, January 20, 2014

Queridos amigos y familiares,

I hope you have all had a wonderful week!!

This week was amazing in Davis. We found a lot of new people to teach and did a lot of teaching. We worked really hard and were very blessed. I love that combination.

On Friday, we received word that I'm leaving this area to go to Novato. I'll be serving once again in the San Rafael Stake, which also includes Rohnert Park where I served before. I am excited of course to meet new people and get to know a new area. I'll be serving in another threesome with Hermana Harris and Hermana Zimmerman. I've exchanged with Hermana Harris when she was here in Woodland, and she is fantastic! She is from Montana and is taller than me (I haven't had very many companions where that has been the case!). I don't know Hermana Zimmerman but I am excited to get to know her.

I have learned so much and been so blessed here in this area. It's hard to leave it. Even families that I just started teaching this week are so dear to me and my heart aches knowing that I won't be the one coming to that next appointment that we have with them. It's a good thing to feel that way, I suppose, because it is so wonderful to feel that love for so many people and to feel that I really know them. I was talking to one of the sisters in the branch about that this weekend at a dinner appointment, and she made the comment that we do as Christ does when we really get to know the people, that in knowing them and their needs and seeking to fulfill them we are truly representing the Savior for them. Made me want to do a better job of really knowing each of the people I work with, those I teach and those I serve alongside alike.

We have so much to do today! This morning we took some time to help with a service project that the stake had organized along with some other churches in the community. We raked leaves and helped move plants at an addiction recovery center. It was time well spent! Now we'll be heading out to do shoppping, cleaning, laundry, packing...everything to prepare for another wonderful week and all the many changes that it will bring us.

I love you all so much. Have a wonderful week!

Love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment