Monday, July 16, 2012


Dear family and friends,
 
You all are the best! Hope you are doing fantastic!
 
I am loving serving the people here in Conroe! They are wonderful. Almost everyone we have interacted with has just been so kind and friendly. The members of the Church here are so generous and loving. They take good care of us. They are involved in helping with our work, and they also feed us--plenty! Case in point: last night we ate at three different homes! Not a whole meal every time, but they always want to offer something. The congregation (a Spanish-speaking branch) is very small and also awesome! We are doing a lot of work with people who are members of the church but haven't been coming lately. It is really special to get the chance to talk with them about their concerns and problems and help them in all kinds of different ways. There is one family that just has trouble coming to church because the children have a hard time getting up so early (church starts at 8:30!), so we went to their apartment to help the kids with getting up and ready before church started. Wow! Meeting with these people has been wonderful because I have been blessed to be able to communicate with them in their own language and to feel Heavenly Father's love for them. Heavenly Father loves all of us so much! I know that he knows and cares about each of us and our struggles. Wow!
 
We say "Wow!" a lot here. I'm not sure why... Maybe I am picking it up from my companions, or maybe it is the culture, I don't know. Wow!
 
Speaking of my companions, they are wonderful! I love them so much, and I love them more every day! Hermana Coogan is a firecracker! She is incredibly energetic, positive, happy, and fun. She loves to have a good time in everything we do. She is also a very sincere and direct person. She's teaching me a lot about communicating well. Wow! Hermana Edge is also amazing! She is so perceptive, and I've really appreciated that. She always seems to just understand. Wow! What a gift. She is also a very happy, funny person. She is amazingly good-natured. I am so blessed to have these women as my friends and companions. They are helping me grow so much!
 
All in all, everything is great with me! I am blessed beyond measure to have this special opportunity to serve the Lord by helping his children here in Conroe to come unto Him. Wow, wow, wow!
 
Sincerely,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment