Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Introduction

Hello to my wonderful friends and dear family! I'll be using this blog to keep you all posted while I serve as a missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

The title of this blog comes from modern scripture - section 18 of the Doctrine and Covenants. The passage refers to missionary work and the joy that comes from helping others to come to Christ.

Remember the worth of souls is great in the sight of God...And if it so be that you should labor all your days in crying repentance unto this people, and bring, save it be one soul unto me, how great shall be your joy with him in the kingdom of my Father! And now, if your joy will be great with one soul that you have brought unto me into the kingdom of my Father, how great will be your joy if you should bring many souls unto me!

I am so grateful for the call to be a missionary, for this opportunity to devote all of my time and energy to helping others come unto Christ. I know that our Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, live and love us. I know that They have provided the way for us to be happy in this life and have joy through all eternity. I am excited to take this message to those who are looking for truth.

Thank you for reading this blog. I hope that as you do, you will not only enjoy reading about my adventures but also be uplifted and strengthened.

No comments:

Post a Comment