Saturday, October 20, 2012


Dear Family and dear friends,
 
Hello! I hope you all are doing fantastically!
 
I have had a pretty exciting week. Besides the fact that I have been learning a ton and preparing to be a much much better missionary than I could have imagined, I also had an interesting blessing-in-disguise experience:
 
On Tuesday playing soccer with my companions and some other hermanas, I rolled/sprained my ankle. I went to kick the ball at the same time as another sister coming the other direction and my ankle just kind of snapped in. I was down on the ground, literally crying, it was so surprising and painful. Still managed to remember the name of my ankle in Spanish to tell my companions what was wrong! So then they helped me to the trainer in the little building outside (where we were playing) and the sister who checked me out did a couple tests and said it might be fractured. So they had to get a van to come pick us up. My companions were excited about that. (: Then the doctor in the health clinic said it seemed fine and I was able to walk with a brace but no crutches the rest of the day. I received a priesthood blessing that evening, and since then I have had just a little soreness with some movements but have been able to walk without the brace. It's been a miraculously quick recovery! A really cool thing though is that I have to do rehabilitation to make sure that I strengthen the ankle to prevent future injuries. A trainer I talked to said most people don't take care of it and have a permanently weakened joint afterward. So I am really determined to do everything they''ve told me, and I can already tell that it is helping.
 
It reminds me of how we have to diligently work to strengthen our testimonies and our characters. When something bad happens, we can use it to actually build and become better. We can gain confidence. Cool huh?
 
Anyway, I love you all!!
 
Have a great week.
 
Love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment