Monday, November 5, 2012

Hi!

Thank you for all the letters and prayers of support. I am so thankful to have such a wonderful family and great friends who believe in me and remind me to keep doing my best!

This past week we had the opportunity to meet together as all of the missionaries in the Santa Rosa Mission at a camp and to learn how we can better serve the Lord and have more faith in the promises of the Lord. This is an exciting time for missionary work in this area because we have been promised by a servant of the Lord that we can increase the number of people that we help to come to Christ and enter into the covenant of baptism to 101 every month. That is a lot of people! But I know it will happen because I have already seen miracles that have brought us into the homes and hearts of people who are seeking the truth of the restored gospel of Jesus Christ that we teach. We will also soon have 86 more missionaries serving in this area, so the work is really picking up.

I am learning more and more every day the importance of the simple things. Our Heavenly Father works in simple ways--the most important things we can do each day are some of the smallest things. Prayer. Studying the scriptures. When we talk to Him each day and let Him talk to us by reading the words He has given us, then no matter what trials or problems we have, we will have peace and the strength that we need. Missionary work is hard work--it's wonderful work. I'm grateful for the peace and strength Heavenly Father gives me each day as I turn to Him to help me do His great work and serve the people here in Napa. I love them. I love my companion, and I love the members of the church here who love us so much in return. I love our Heavenly Father, and I know that he knows and loves us perfectly.

Make today a fantastic day!! I love you!

Love,
Hermana Alicia Brighton

1 comment:

  1. THis is so fun to read her letters! I need to send her some letters! I will look to see what her address is and get a letter from me and copies of Elder Empey's emails and a gift I bought her in the mail! Hope al is well with you, Mom B.
    Mom E.

    ReplyDelete