Tuesday, January 15, 2013


Dear wonderful family and friends,
 
Today marks the start of a new transfer. I'm staying here in Napa!!! And I am getting a new companion. Sister R.. My first non-Hispanic companion, so it's going to be different. Especially as far as understanding the language goes, but I think I am ready! In any case, I know Heavenly Father will help us. Hermana R. has been here on her mission for 6 months and I'm excited to meet her this afternoon and start learning from her! Another change with this new transfer is that my official "training" has ended. So that means one less hour of studies in the morning and one more hour to be out and working!
 
So I just have to share about the wonderful going-away meal that one of the families in the branch prepared for us last night in honor of the my companion and another Elder who are leaving the area. It was an incredible soup of all kinds of seafood. Really spectacular, with clam and shrimp and fish and even huge crab legs! I know they put a ton of work into it and it was a sacrifice for them to provide such a meal for us, so I was super grateful, but wow, I was so nervous when I saw it, knowing I was going to have to eat all that seafood!! Well, you can all be very proud of me because I ate it right up!!! Ashley, thank you for all the times of making me try shrimp and stuff because that was good preparation. Also, of all of it, the crab was probably the best. Oh besides the vegetables in the soup...that was really the best part! Something funny is that afterward my companion commented that it was super spicy...but I hadn't noticed that it was spicy at all!! Shows where my focus was!
 
Please keep me in your prayers. There is so, so much work to be done here in Napa, so many people that are prepared to learn about the restored gospel of Jesus Christ. And so many people that need to be lifted and believe that Heavenly Father really is there for them. It's incredible and also at times overwhelming! I love these people so much and want to do all I can to serve and help them...it's a big responsibility. I love you all too and hope you are finding joy in serving the Lord and those around you in your own ways.
 
Love,
Sister Brighton
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment