Monday, November 19, 2012


Dear wonderful family and friends,

Happy thanksgiving! This is going to be an awesome thanksgiving week. There is just so much thanksgiving to do--I don't think I've ever been so conscious of how blessed I am.  I truly have so much to be grateful, not the least of which is your support and encouragement. Thank you! 

I love that in Spanish, Thanksgiving Day is translated as Dia de Accion de Gracias. The day to put our thanks in action! I plan to do that this week--to make a bigger effort to express gratitude to those around me and especially to Heavenly Father for the great things that are around me.

Speaking of which, it is beautiful here in Napa right now. The trees have changed colors, with lots of reds and yellows, and there are leaves on the ground. Today is particularly beautiful. In the car this morning, we just rolled the windows down, and the breeze and the temperature were perfect.

A weird thing is that with the time change and winter it is getting dark now really early. Before five it starts getting kind of dusky and then it's completely dark and you can see the stars by about six o'clock. This makes doing any kind of knocking on doors after dinner a little hard--even when it's only six, it seems later to people because it's so dark. So we try to have appointments in the evening or go teach people we think will probably be home. (:

This weekend Katie got baptized! Her parents were there, so we got to meet them finally. Her aunt made her a really cute white dress for her confirmation, and she was really happy. Everything went really well. I got to play the piano for the opening and closing songs.

I also got to play the piano in sacrament meeting and relief society yesterday.  I'm so glad I can play. Thanks, Mom, for the encouragement to do piano lessons so many years. (:

Well, time is flying by. The days seem short, always with so much to do. This week we were blessed with a lot of opportunities to just talk to people who crossed our path and to introduce them to the restored gospel of Jesus Christ and invite them to learn more. I love those little conversations, times when I see how Heavenly Father places those who are searching for answers right in our way.

I love you all and appreciate so much your prayers and encouragement! Take time this special holiday week to think about all the blessings that you have to be thankful for. Even and especially the little things! Have a wonderful Thanksgiving week!!

Love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment