Monday, December 24, 2012


Dear lovely family and friends,

Merry Christmas!! I am so grateful for all of you and your support and love! I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas Day as we commemorate the birth and life of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.

I want to express my testimony that He lives. I know that He lived and died for us and gave everything so that we can find peace and joy here in this life and enjoy even greater happiness in the eternities in the presence of Him, Jesus Christ, and our Father in Heaven. I know They love us. I know that no matter what our failings are or how weak we feel, the grace Christ has provided through his atoning sacrifice is enough. It's enough to cover our sins, it's enough to lift us in all of our sorrows, and it's enough to heal us from every pain and disappointment that can come to us in this life. I've felt that healing power, that strength, and that grace. I've felt Christ's love and sustaining power even in the times of my deepest sadness, and I testify that He is always there for us.

Look to Him and live. That is the promise for all of us, and I know it is true. We can live more fully physically and spiritually, now and forever, if we put our faith and trust in Him.

This week in Napa has been wonderful. There has been a LOT of rain. Pouring! All night, all day, pretty much this whole weekend. The river yesterday was clear up close to overflowing. I haven't heard of any flooding in town, but I wouldn't be surprised if there was some in the surrounding areas and I think it's a definite possibility if we get any more rain.

Last night we went as a group of missionaries and caroled downtown. (The rain had stopped.) It was a wonderful time to just be able to sing our testimonies of Christ and see the smile it brought to people's faces. It was kind of funny because a reporter from channel two came and we got filmed and one of the Elders was interviewed. She wanted to know mostly just what we thought of the weather because that's what her story was about. But anyway, maybe we were on TV! 

This is a wonderful place to be spending the Christmas season. Everyone is very friendly and so many of the members have invited us to come to their homes today and tomorrow. Tonight we're eating tamales with one of the families, so I'm excited for that because I LOVE tamales, and I love them! Also this weekend we made cookies and cards and went and caroled to some of the members of our congregation and other people we are teaching. It was neat to do that, to feel of their love and gratitude and to remember doing the same thing back at home during Christmastime. 

Well, I hope that you all find ways to make this a very special Christmas, to reach out and serve those who are around you and to make room in your heart to receive our King.

I love you all and appreciate the cards, letters, support, and prayers!!

Love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment