Tuesday, February 19, 2013


February 19, 2013
Dear Family and Friends,
From what I've heard from you all, it sounds like you are staying busy and happy! It's always good to hear about the great things you're doing, and I'm grateful for your continued support and your examples to me.
So big news this week: I am going to a new area today. I've loved being here in Napa for the time that Heavenly Father has permitted me to serve the people here. It feels a little weird to be leaving because to me right now, these people here are my life and my everything. But I know that Heavenly Father has much for me to do and many people whose lives I can touch in my new area. So I'm excited to be going to Rhonert Park! (I don't know how to spell Rohnert, Ronhert, Rhonert? but I hear there's an H somewhere in it and I will let you know when I find out!) My new companion is Hermana Ellsworth and I will also let you know more about her next week! She came to the mission after me--has been here about 10 week, I believe--and I will be finishing the in-field 12-week training program with her. Lots of changes! And lots of responsibility.
Well, this last week we kept working really hard here in Napa to find new people to teach. And we had a lot of success. Just in the past 8 or 9 days we have started teaching 7 new people, including two families. One of these families has a particularly amazing story of how we found them. But I don't have time to do it justice so I guess it will be a cliffhanger unti
One of the sons, Marcos saw the Elders the other day on the street and talked to them and told them he is looking for a church and wants to change his life and they said he was crying and just really wanted help and recognized them as someone who could give that help. Well he gave them his address and we went looking for him but the number didn't exist. Turns out it was flipped around and we tried the reverse address and there was an A and B apartment there. Well the first time we talked to the family in B but they didn't know who Marcos was. And nobody answered in A. But Hermana Rawson said she felt sure that A was the right one, and sure enough, when we went back Sunday, there was Marcos and he invited us in and we had an incredible lesson with him and he wanted to do everything he could to know for himself the message we shared was true--he's started reading the Book of Mormon, he prayed with us, and he's preparing himself to be baptized next month. When we went back yesterday, he wanted us to teach his whole family! His dad and sister and brother all listened along with him as we explained about the plan of happiness that Heavenly Father has for them to be able to live forever as a family. And they also said that they want to continue to learn and prepare for baptism as well. It was just an incredible blessing and a miracle that we were able to receive because we were willing to continue working hard even up to the very last day of our time together here in Napa.
Well, time is short! But I love you all and appreciate your prayers for me. Have a great week!!
Much love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment