Monday, April 15, 2013

Dear family and friends,

I love you! Thank you for your prayers on my behalf.

This last week was really good. We've continued to find new people to teach, and we've also met a lot of people that we'll hopefully begin teaching in the near future. Currently we are teaching six people! Plus we have individuals and a family we are working with to try to help them become more active in the church.

I want to share an experience that we had last week at WalMart, of all places. After everything had fallen through with trying to purchase Hermana H's bike, we were walking back out to our car. I was feeling a little bit frustrated and prayed in my heart, telling Heavenly Father I knew there was a reason but I didn't understand why things didn't work out. Just then, we walked by a man sitting on a bench. We walked past him. Then the Spirit whispered to me that he could be the reason--we needed to be there in that moment and talk to him. Well, we turned around and talked to him. He was very open and wants to change his life and be happier and follow Christ. He lives somewhere else, so we referred him to the missionaries where he lives. I don't know what happened, but I felt so happy after we talked to him. Those are the best moments in missionary work.

I love you all! Have a great week. Keep a prayer in your heart, and don't hesitate to follow the promptings that come from our loving Heavenly Father.

Love,
Hermana Brighton

P.S. I have pictures to send but have to figure out how to make the connection work on this computer. Look forward to it!! (Maybe next week, we'll see.)

No comments:

Post a Comment