Monday, April 8, 2013

Dear wonderful family and friends,

I hope you are having a wonderful week!

My new companion, straight from the MTC, is Hermana  H.. She is from Mesa, AZ and is 19 years old! She's amazing. She was in the MTC for 12 days because she studied Spanish in high school. She is enthusiastic and hardworking and obedient. She's a great companion! We have seen great miracles together already.

General conference was amazing (I hope you all got the chance to watch). One of the ladies we are teaching, Lydia, came and watched with us on Sunday afternoon, and it was a great experience for her. She loved it. She watched the other Sunday session from her computer at home too and loved it.

I especially loved President Monson's talk about obedience. I have seen great blessings in my life and in my mission that have come through obedience. Right now our mission is really focusing on being 100% obedient. We're trying to be "the most obedient mission on the face of the earth," in the words of Sister Alba, our mission president's wife. Through obedience, we become worthy to call down the blessings and miracles of heaven to bless the lives of our dear brothers and sisters whom we serve.

This has been a crazy day. We are going to start riding bikes in our area!!!!!!!! (We will still have our car but will be able to use the bikes to get around faster than walking while still being able to stop and talk to people.) So we spent a few hours today trying to get that figured out but in the end we ended up with only one bike (mine) because Hermana H's check kept getting denied. So next week!

One more thought: as I've been training my new companion and just facing the everyday challenges that come our way, I've been reminded of the power of prayer to help protect, guide, and sustain me throughout the day. As it becomes a constant and natural part of my life instead of a last resort, I know I will find greater peace and strength in this work.

I love you all! Have a wonderful week.

Love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment