Monday, September 9, 2013

Dear Family and Friends,
I hope you all are having a wonderful day!
This last week has been an incredible one. We were able to start teaching four new people, including a really nice family and an older woman who is the mom/grandma of one of the families in the branch here in Vallejo. She comes to church with them frequently, but when we first got here, she did not want to talk to us at all. When we went over to their house, she would disappear to her bedroom. But now she feels comfortable with us and actually wants to talk to us. She is such a sweet lady.

Seeing people change is so rewarding. I feel so grateful to have been able to see so much change in people around me recently. I've been blessed to see the progression of my companions, and that has been amazing. Another wonderful example hit me yesterday, when two of the members that I had been teaching in Napa, who never came to church in the whole time I was there, were in sacrament meeting here in Vallejo.
It is a joy to be a servant of Jesus Christ! Even after so many months, I am still amazed by the love that I can feel for people that I hardly know. And by how willing so many people are to just open up to us and let us love and help them.

 Thank you for your prayers on behalf of me and my companions. We've been showered with miracles and blessings.
I hope you all have a wonderful week!

Love,
Hermana Brighton
P.S. I thought some of you might wonder how our schedule/the work has changed with the iPads. Right now, we have a three-hour "flex schedule"  where we are supposed to spend an hour each day transferring our written records to the digital device and then up to two additional hours sharing the gospel online. On Saturday, we received a lot of extra training on how to use Facebook more effectively, so I should have more details to share with you soon about how the online work is progressing! Already there are missionaries in the mission who are teaching people across the world. And pretty soon we are going to start teaching one of Hermana F.'s friends in Spain. It's amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment