Monday, September 23, 2013

Dear family and friends,

There is plenty to tell you about this week!

It is hard to believe that I have been in Davis for only 5 days! Already so much has happened here. 

First off, about Davis. It's a college town. We cover the whole town. So far, we have spent most of our time in a few different apartment complexes and a trailer park. I've seen the college campus only from a distance. There are 3 members that live in Davis...we go to church in Woodland with the Spanish branch there. We live with another companionship of sisters. They cover the young single adults and the married students.

We do quite a bit of driving between Davis and Woodland because we have a lot of our dinners with members there and also all our church meetings. But we have most of our missionary meetings here in Davis because it is kind of a midway point with other missionaries who are serving farther out.

Next. My companion! Hermana Sarah C., from Los Angeles, CA. This is her 3rd transfer, like I think I mentioned last week. She is a great missionary...super happy, obedient, and hardworking. She is the youngest of six (three boys and three girls just like us), so she is like our Stacey. (: She really likes Life cereal, or at least that is what I thought when I saw 3 boxes of it on our counter when I arrived. Turns out that is what they had on sale at Grocery Outlet...a pack of 3 Life cereals. Anyway, she likes a good deal! She worked in take-out catering at BYU with Hermana B. (previous companion) last year. She is majoring in recreation management and has just one year left when she goes back to BYU.

Saturday we had a huge thunderstorm. It was funny to see people outside watching the rain come down and some even taking pictures. It was only slightly more severe than the thunderstorms we get in Houston. There was some pretty good hail for a little while though. And we got pretty wet!

I'm excited to be here and I'll be telling you more about the people that I've met and will be meeting here in Davis (and in Woodland).

Love you all!

Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment