Monday, March 31, 2014

Dear wonderful family and friends,

I hope that you all are having a wonderful week so far and that your April gets off to a great start tomorrow. You will have to let me know next week of any good April Fools happenings.

So this week we will be experiencing even more changes here in Novato. After only four weeks of being with us, Hermana Anderson is being emergency-transferred out of the area. She leaves tomorrow morning to go be companions with Hermana Fernandez (one of my former companions!) in Dixon, CA. As far as I know, this is no April Fools joke. 

In other news...this week on exchanges we met a man named Juan who has come to church on and off for 24 years but never gotten baptized. He told us that he feels that now is finally the time, and he is planning to be baptized on April 13. The day that we went by his house, he had been having a really rough day. The next day, when we taught him again, he told us that we were his angels and expressed the gratitude in his heart. He explained that as he had pondered after we had left, he felt like he understood the love of our Heavenly Father in a way that he never had before. He is coming to know who God really is. I know that He is our loving Heavenly Father and that He knows and cares for every one of His children. He answers our prayers.

I am grateful that I have been learning to speak with Him and understand His answers to me. I am so happy for the wonderful experiences I've been blessed with, moments when I have seen and felt him work through me to express His love for others of His children, my brothers and sisters.

Thank you for your continuing encouragement and prayers. I appreciate it! I hope that you all have a wonderful week, especially as we prepare for and enjoy this general conference weekend and the chance to hear from our living prophet.

Love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment