Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Dear Wonderful Family and Friends,
I hope that you have had a fantastic week! 

This was a really good week. I've learned and grown a lot. It's amazing how there is always more that I can learn...from the scriptures, from my companion, from the people we teach, from other missionaries and leaders. 

An update on the man who calls us his angels. We were finally able to teach him again this week! And we are going back again tomorrow. He was supposed to come to sacrament meeting yesterday but didn't make it. But the fact that he wanted to come was a big step! I'll continue to keep you posted :)

I just want to share this week my testimony of the Book of Mormon.

I know that the Book of Mormon is the word of God. I love it. It really is my favorite book. Lately I have been trying to treasure it more, and one thing that I've done--it was a suggestion I heard from another missionary--is read just one verse each night right before I go to sleep. It's been amazing how much I've learned from one verse, a verse that I just randomly open up to. I'm grateful for the Spirit that I feel when I read the Book of Mormon, and I am grateful for the blessings of the fulness of the Gospel of Jesus Christ that it teaches.

I invite you all to read the Book of Mormon, if you haven't done it yet, and to treasure the words of the Book of Mormon more, no matter how many times you've read it before. I invite you, because it has helped me so much and I know it will help you too.

Much love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment