Monday, July 8, 2013


Hola mis queridos amigos y mi familia maravillosa!

I hope that you all are having a fantastic week! It cooled down for us after the fourth of July here and has been pretty pleasant and even chilly in the evenings/mornings. 

This week was miraculous!!

I want to share one of the amazing happenings:

On Thursday, the 4th, we were walking in a neighborhood when a man pulled over in his car on the street we'd just crossed and called out to us. We turned around and he started talking to us, telling us that he wanted to change his life and he saw us and knew that we were angels sent to help him. He asked us if we had a pamphlet or anything we could give him. Of course, we did! We also got his address and set up a time to go visit him. When we went to his house on Saturday, he was so excited to see us. He said he was afraid we weren't going to come. We met his two sons and his daughter, and we taught him about the gospel of Jesus Christ. He wants to change--to quit drinking and to be a better husband and father. He knows and has great faith that Jesus Christ can help him! He has a goal to get baptized on the 27th of this month. It is going to require more miracles for him to be prepared, but I have no doubt that he can do it. I'll keep you all posted.

In other news, one of my dear companions is leaving already. She got her visa and heads to her mission in Trujillo, Peru early Wednesday morning. I'll miss her lots--I've learned so much from her diligence. She came knowing very little Spanish and has surprised and impressed me again and again by the clarity and power of her teaching. She truly communicates through the power of the Holy Ghost. 

I've been thinking a lot this week about Elder Brighton in his mission and the miracles he has helped bring to pass through his faith and obedience and diligence. He is such a great inspiration to me and has helped me to strive to achieve the ideal, to be the very best and most consecrated servant of the Lord that I can be. I'm grateful for the miracles that I've been able to see in the work, in the missionaries around me, and in myself.

God, our Father in Heaven knows us. He answers our prayers. He blesses us with the miracles that bring about his promised blessings, sometimes in the ways and in the moments that we least expect.

I love you all. I appreciate so much your support and your prayers. Truly I have felt those prayers supporting and uplifting me.

Lots of love,
Hermana Brighton

No comments:

Post a Comment